The wellbeing of our team members and our members is our top priority, so we've made some changes in our facilities and policies so you can get back to training safely, as soon as the government advises it is safe to do so. That’s why we created the easyGym Commitment; It gives you four reasons to be confident about returning to our gyms.
- Team Members
100% of our team has been trained on our cleaning and safety standards. Team members have completed additional courses teaching them how to properly use all new chemicals and equipment to keep the gyms clean.
All team members will be provided with and required to wear masks and gloves whenever they are within two meters of another person. Face shields will also be provided to team members where appropriate.
- Elevated Cleaning
In order to reduce the risk of transmission via surface, the following measures will be put in place:
- Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed at the entrance and exit to the facility. This hand sanitiser must be used prior to touching the pin pad/ using the PODs.
- We have increased the availability of disinfectant spray and blue roll. All of our disinfectant chemicals are qualified for use against the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Members are asked to sanitise equipment with the spray and blue roll before and after use. Sweat towels should not be brought into the facilities at this time.
- We have moved our cleaning team to daytimes, so at least one team member will be cleaning at all times throughout the day. Every piece of equipment will be cleaned multiple times during operating hours, and high-touch areas will be cleaned even more regularly.
- Social Distancing
In order to reduce the risk of transmission via air, the following measures will be put in place:
Gym capacity will be reduced, gym layouts will be reorganized, and some equipment will be unavailable for use to allow for social distancing. Signage and floor markings will be placed around the gym to remind members to social distance. In some cases, a one-way system may be required to maintain safe distances. In the locker rooms, we’ve modified access to conform with guidelines and allow social distancing. In some cases, locker rooms will be unavailable for use.
Trainers will not be allowed to have physical contact with clients and will train from an appropriate social distance. Members from separate households should not spot one another. Members must use weights they can handle without help in this case.
Members are required to wear a face covering to enter and exit the clubs, and any time they are within two metres of another person.
- Preparation / Member Commitment
We’ve committed to educating members on the role we all play in keeping our gyms safe and healthy. As such, members are asked to abide by instructions regarding COVID safety.
We have put a variety of procedures in place so you can be confident about coming back to the gym, but we need everyone in our easyGym community to do their part. As such, we have amended the Gym Rules to include the following, which apply to all members upon reopening:
- Wash and/or sanitise your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering while entering and exiting the club and whenever you may come within 2 metres of another person
- Wipe down the machines before and after use with the provided disinfectant and blue roll.
- Maintain at least 1 metre plus between yourself and others.
- Stay home if you are sick, have experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 7 days, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or have been exposed to someone who has or may have COVID-19.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com immediately if you test positive with COVID-19 within 7 days of using the gym.
- If required, participate in temperature checks before entering the gym and leave the facility if your temperature is higher than the NHS recommended 37.8 degrees.
- Display kindness and compassion to all members of the easyGym community during this time of heightened anxiety.